So I got a hot tip and had to check it out and it has the big tick of approval by Little Miss Bali. So much so that I have added it to the Cheap & Cheerful Dining Ideas in my App. Paper Planes is a great little Malaysian inspired Warung serving up fresh wholesome yummy food for around 35 000Rup. My recommendation would be the Hainanese Chicken or the Laksa, however the Pork looked amazing also. Located in Jimbaran you will find locals and in the know expats dining here. Pop in see for yourself its YUM xxx
Address ~ 22b, Jalan Danau Batur Raya, Taman Griya, Jimbaran
Phone ~ +62 812-3831-1818
For those of you who love a bit of history and culture, you might enjoy the new Taman Nusa Cultural Park ( just near the Bali Safari Park) which aims to offer comprehensive information on the cultures of Indonesia’s various ethnic groups. You can see Indonesia in one Afternoon! It offers comprehensive information on the cultures of Indonesia’s various ethnic groups in an attractive and interactive way, and is situated on 15 hectares of land. Visitors are invited to explore and experience Indonesia’s journey throughout the ages beginning from the prehistory, bronze age, kingdoms, and an archipelago of Indonesian cultures. The journey continues to the early national era, independence, modern times and finally to the nation’s future. For more details check out the website.
A beautiful short video showing the gorgeous smiles of Bali. I hope you love it as much as I do !
by Miguel G Gatalan xxx
Schoolies in Bali ~
So some of your kids may be heading for Bali for schoolies celebrations. You may like to consider discussing some of these tips:
- Get them Travel Insurance and make sure they know what they will be and wont be covered for.
- Consider a responsible adult chaperone ( or 2)
- Buy an unlocked Mobile and put a Bali sim in it and have all the codes ready to call home or click here to use their own phone and keep there same number. http://aussiesim.com.au/collections/all?ref=LittleMissBali
- Have this number on their phone, Bali International Medical Centre 761 263 Kuta and an Ambulance is available also.
- Australian Consulate in Bali Call (+62 361) 241 118. For assistance with Missing Persons, Medical Evacuation, Lost passports, Legal Assistance.
- Make sure the young people are aware of drink spiking, alcohol poisoning, methanol poisoning, prescription drug and magic mushroom overdose risks.
- Encourage the young people to nominate 1 member of their group to remain sober each night.
- To stay in pairs and never leave anyone out on the town on their own.
- Condoms are essential as STD’s including HIV and Hepatitis are rife in Bali.
- Always wear a helmet if they are going on a motorbike or scooter.
- Tattoo’s are forever( temporary tattoos can also scar)
- Make sure they know that drug use, possession and dealing could lead to jail or Death Penalty. ( There are undercover police everywhere and fake drugs also being sold)
- It would be great if they knew first aid.
- An amorous pretty girl down the lane may relieve you of your watch, wallet, phone and camera, and may actually be a boy.
and good luck xx
Canteen Cafe Canggu is a local run cafe in Canggu with a feel good “Vibe”, Find heaps of old surf memorabilia, great coffee, fresh good food and juices, and perhaps even a pro surfer or two. Don’t blink or you will scoot straight past it. Definitely put on your list if you in the area. Jl. Batu Bolong No.34, Open 7am – 5pm most days. Phone
Today is Galungan which is a Balinese Hindu holiday celebrating the victory of dharma over adharma. It is also when the ancestral spirits return to the homes of loved ones who will provide offerings and prayers. The last day of … Continue reading
A casual place to spend the afternoon, on the weekend, is the ever popular Echo Beach. When the sun is low on the horizon and the tide is even lower, enjoy a few waves, some reef exploring then, head up to the restaurants for a yummy dinner. Cold beers, yummy mojhitos, pick yourself a seafood feast. With a buffet of all kinds of seafood ( I go for the prawns) and meat on offer, just add the fresh salad ( keen to know what kind of bird lays the tiny eggs ). Help yourself to some fresh bread and nasi kuning while you wait. A great option for an early dinner if you have kids ! Baby chairs are available also.
Jl Pura Betu Mejan, Canggu.