Bali Home Furnishings run’s a shared container service between Bali and Perth, Western Australia. So all the gorgeous homewares that people cant fit in their suitcase, they can ship for you. It virtually takes the stress out of shipping as they deal with customs and AQIS. They have containers arriving about once a month, and charge a set fee per cubic metre. Too easy …. let the shopping begin for an info sheet email Trish
Dengue Fever is rife in Bali at the moment and I can not stress the importance of taking all precautions available to protect your children and yourself. Symptoms include severe headaches, aching joints, sore muscles, pain behind the eyes, nausea, vomiting and a rash within three to 14 days of being bitten. Dengue Fever is transmitted via mosquito bites so your first line of defence is your best form of protection so please consider:
- Apply insect repellent to exposed skin. An effective repellent will contain 20% to 30% DEET (N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide). Caution, DEET in high concentrations (>30%) may cause side effects, particularly with small children.
- Avoid formulations containing more than 30% DEET. Use sprats in an open space to avoid breathing them in. Avoid applying repellent to the hands of toddlers, as they are likely to put their hands in their mouths.
- Take your repellant out to restaurants and on tours or ask for some to use if it is an outdoor venue. Taxis and vehicles are also often full of mosquitos.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants.
- Spray permethrin or DEET repellents on clothing, as mosquitos may bite through thin clothing.
- Use mosquito netting over the bed and your babies cot. For additional protection, treat the mosquito netting with the insecticide permethrin.
- Spray permethrin or a similar insecticide in your bedroom before going to bed. Some people recommend taking Vitamin B and ultrasound devices however these are not proven effective in preventing mosquito bites.
- I would also be cautious of using mosquito coils in enclosed areas due to toxins and links to lung cancer.
- For those after a natural repellant perhaps , try the natural citronella stickers available at the Guardian Pharmacies or supermarkets for around 20 000 rupiah and you can stick them on the kids t-shirts, and also try Utama Spice Bug Gone Spray available from Supermarkets, Apoteks or the several cafes on the island. Its important to keep in mind that thousands of travellers do not contract Dengue Fever whilst travelling in Bali each year x
I LOVE the smell of the Sedap Malam or Tuber Rose and I have found a room spray which has truly captured the fragrance. Enfants Paradis Store, Jl Basangkasa 56, Seminyak, is a luxury shop with pure botanical skin care, home spa and travel items. They also have an online store. I also grabbed myself a stylish black beach bag while I was there and loved that I also received a free gift of a beautiful natural soap. Treat yourself to a little purchase soon, maybe if I am a really good girl santa will bring me the silk kimono * SIGH* x.
I have been getting quite a few takeaways from this place, and causing a slight ruckus due to ordering 2 pieces of chicken ( very unusual ). A great feed of rice, veggies, chicken,tofu and sambal to go, for the price of around 17 000 IR. The staff are a bit over me as I make it too hard to wrap my meal up as they think I order so much food. It is possible I am getting a reputation for being the bule (white skinned person) that eats too much 🙂 , the food is so good I cant help it.
Many of you may know I have two beautiful healthy boy babies and I love them to bits, however oh how I yearn for a little girl baby to play dress ups with. Lucky my close friends are having the cutest little girls for me to spoil. One of my favorite lables Coco & Ginger has just opened a store on Jl. Batu Belig filled with the most beautiful colourful clothing for small babies to teens, and now bringing a huge smile to my face is the prettiest Mexican Mamma dress now available, in teal, navy, orange & Black which I will have very soon YIPEEEEEE xx
For more details click this link Coco & Ginger
We recently stayed at Fraser Baye Luxury Bali Villas in Bingin and I would thoroughly recommend it to friends, families and any anyone wanting a relaxing Bali holiday. Starting from $240 per night for 7 people including breakfast, it is … Continue reading
Get involved in the conservation of the sea turtle. 6 out of the 7 sea turtle species can be found in Indonesian waters including: the Green, Hawksbill, Olive Ridley, Leatherback, Loggerhead and Flatback turtles. Turtles nest at various times of the year in two key locations Kuta Beach and out east Tegal Besar Beach. You can be involved in helping the hatchlings get safely into the water and wish them well on their journey. For further details email the Bali Sea Turtle Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
I love how these gorgeous yet useful places pop up on the island, located on Jl. Batu Bolong this nifty little corner store has all your needs covered, home made fresh dips, bread, cakes, pasties, organic goods and cuteness, pop in to grab some takeaway for a picnic lunch or stock up on some imported tea and the yummiest lemon meringue pie EVER.
Learn about the life cycle of the butterfly and get a hands on experience with giant bugs. Taman Kupu Kupu is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from Kuta depending on traffic. Its like being in Alice in Wonderland walking through the tropical gardens you will notice stunning caterpillars as the prettiest butterfly’s float around you. You can have photos with all the leafy and long legged creatures on you as well. Its approximately $30 USD for a family. You could make a day of it by going to Tanalot Temple prior to the park and also 10 minutes up the road is the Yeh Panas Hot Springs for a therapeutic soak in the special pools. Bali Butterfly Park Taman Kupu Kupu
Jalan Batukaru, Sandan Wanasari, Bali 80351, Indonesia
+62 361 814 282; 814 283