The Australian Consulate will be able to assist you in a number of legal, medical or personal matters.
Australian Consulate-General Address:
Jl. Tantular, No. 32, Renon, Denpasar, Bali.
Telephone: 241 118.
Fax: 221 195 (DFAT),
241 120 (DIAC)
Alternatively, call the Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra directly.
(+61 2) 6261 3305.
Some of their services include, but are not limited to:
- in medical emergencies, provide lists of local doctors, hospitals and assistance in arranging a medical evacuation (at your expense)
- in the event of war, civil unrest or natural disaster, provide current information and assistance in arranging an evacuation if appropriate and subject to the state of disruption of communications and transport on the ground
- provide advice and support in the case of an accident, serious illness or death
- assist victims of serious crimes, including arranging for nominated contacts to be informed
- assist if you are arrested overseas, by visiting or contacting you and by arranging for your family to be informed (if you give your consent)
- provide lists of local lawyers
- assist in cases of missing persons
- assist with arranging a replacement passport if yours has expired or been lost, stolen or damaged (fees apply)
- assist you to contact relatives or friends for help with money or tickets
- provide small emergency loans in genuine emergency situations.
- provide notarial services including witnessing and authenticating documents and administering oaths and affirmations (fees apply)
- provide the opportunity for you to register your travel details with us so that we can try to make contact in case of emergency.